Eureka College provides tangible resources for students throughout the year.
Condoms are available on every residential floor (typically in the right bottom locker in community restrooms, or in the kitchen or lounge area for those buildings that do not have community restrooms). Most restrooms also have STD kits available. There are instructions inside the kit on how to complete this through the local Health Department.
Hand Santizers and Kleenex are passed out at events throughout cold & flu season.
Tampons/Panty Liners are provided in most restrooms on the academic side of campus.
There is a RESOURCE LOCKER outside of the Office of Student Life in the Cerf Center that is kept stocked with condoms, STD kits, tampons/panty liners, band-aids, hand sanitizer, and kleenex. This is available for all students, free of charge, during normal Cerf Center hours.
Eureka College contracts with Advocate Eureka for Health Services and with Tazwood Center for Wellness for Counseling Services.
Health Services provided by Advocate Eureka Hospital
- Monday through Sunday, 6am - 10pm. This service runs the throughout the academic year and summer. All services between 10pm and 6am will be considered emergency services and will not be covered by the contract.
- Available for both residential and commuter students.
- The contract will cover all minor illnesses and injuries. CBC blood work, strep cultures, and a urinalysis are part of the basic services. All other lab tests will be billed to the student and/or their insurance. Follow-up with a physician will be the responsibility of the student.
- Starter packs of medications will be provided after pharmacies are closed for the day; these will be billed to the student by the College.
- Important Notice: When using the Health Services at Advocate Eureka Hospital, you must show your college ID.
- There is a co-pay fee for each visit to Advocate Eureka Hospital under the College contract. This fee is $15 and will be billed to the student's account in the EC Business Office.
- School Sport Physical: Must be paid by student at the time of service or the college will bill the student.
Counseling Services provided by Tazwood Center for Wellness
Seeing a professional counselor as a Eureka College student is easy and free. Counseling services are provided to both residential and commuter students. The services begins during the first week of classes in August and ends during final exams in May.
Counselors meet with students for a variety of issues including depression, anxiety, stress, family/relationship problems, alcohol and other drug issues, eating disorders, etc. Sometimes it helps to talk to someone who is removed from the situation.
- Tazwood Center for Wellness will meet with students in a private location on campus. They will be available to hold sessions on the following days/times:
- Mondays 4-7pm
- Thursdays 12-2pm
- There are additional hours added during midterm time each semester.
- Call Tazwood Center for Wellness at (309) 347-5522 to set up an appointment.
- Identify yourself as a Eureka College student.
- Upon the first appointment, the counselor will do an assessment to see how many additional appointments will be needed. Additional appointments will be provided for free under the plan up to 6 sessions, at which point additional sessions will be discussed as the need arises.